Thursday, May 13, 2004

Why? Why? Why?

Oh! Why do I let myself be misguided by my dreams? Italy is 15 hours away, yet I've let a dream convince me that there's something important for me at the end of that long commute.

Ok. I shouldn't say "misguided". So far every excursion to Italy has been exactly what I needed, and this trip will probably be as helpful as all the others. It's just that I can't find the right word to use to describe this sensation. "Overly optimistic"?


I'm just feeling like Jake Cisco. The Prophets give him guidance, he follows the visions of the oracle, and what he expects to have happen doesn't. Instead a different interpretation of the events he foresaw occurs.


Worse than Jake's experience, I'm going to Italy because of a dream/vision, and at this point I can't even remember what I saw in the dream that was so important. Just some vague memory of intervening in a discussion between Jim and Jon over the meaning of some SearchResults report. In the dream Jim made me recite the words in Jon's SearchResult report, and interpret the meaning of those results for all of us to hear aloud.


When I awoke it was like I too had been visited by a vision from the tears of the prophets. I HAD to follow the course the vision had set me on. And now, only a week later, I'm off on a journey to the other side of the globe to see what I will encounter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home